Sunday, August 2, 2009

WinKing Toad

Is it Win King? Winking? Beats the hell out of me, but they serve pizza by the pie and pizza by the slice. There are a few other things on the menu too. Slice choices are limited to basics, cheese, pepperoni, and whatever the days special is. You will get them quicker than a pie if you're in a hurry though. Slices are big enough to split and that's precisely what I did, my Aunty and I split a slice of cheese and ordered a Caesar salad for the table. The cheese slice was Chicago style and completely edible though not outstanding (it is pizza after all). The Caesar on the other hand was absolutely thee worst salad I have ever had. The problem with this salad was that rather than serving it with a couple of lemon slices the dude in the kitchen must have taken a Jif http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jif_(lemon_juice) and squeezed about half of it into the dressing before sending it out. Maybe it was the americanization of it that made me dislike it ... who knows? You can find a TERRIFIC recipe for my kind of Caeser here: http://www.grouprecipes.com/46082/real-caesar-dressing.html
So if you just want some quick, down and dirty slices enjoy. If you're looking for taste ... IDK. Oh yeah and this is another one of those places that serves their beer warm (I nearly asked my waiter if this is the temp. they always serve beer at or if there is a problem).
I didn't find a website for this place or I'd link you ... sorry :(
1.5/5 Pints

No comments:

Post a Comment